The Democratic Republic of Congo’s (DRC’s) most popular opposition leader could be barred from standing in elections later this year after it was revealed he held Italian citizenship for sixteen years.
Last month, the DRC’s minister of communications, Lambert Mende, said the country’s president, Joseph Kabila, has no intentions of running in elections scheduled to be held in December this year. According to Mende, Kabila has never intended to seek a third
Joseph Kabila’s aide says the Democratic Republic of Congo president won’t stand in this year’s scheduled election.
Joseph Kabila’s second term as president of the DRC came to an end in December 2016, yet the leader remains in power. Consecutive election delays mean he’ll remain in power until December this year, at which point he has promised
The United Nations (UN) is calling for investigations into the killing of anti-government protesters in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) on Sunday.
At least six protesters have been killed in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) during protests against the country’s president, Joseph Kabila.
The United Nations has called upon the government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to allow peaceful protests against the country’s president.
The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has set the date for its next presidential election.
The Democratic Republic of Congo’s electoral commission says it won’t be ready to hold elections in the country until April 2019.
The coming weeks could represent a make-or-break moment for Uganda’s […]
Five park rangers and a driver were killed in the […]
South Sudan’s army chief, General James Ajongo died in the Egyptian […]
A Rwandan peacekeeper was killed in Central African Republic (CAR) […]
The United Nations Security Council is to blame for the […]